Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oracle Open World 2013 Schedule

NewImage

So, two weeks before OOW, when I had resigned myself for nothing being able to go I found out that I'm actually going! Now, I'd been following the twitter feed on the happenings out here so, it didn't take me long to get my schedule together.

Saturday:

I'm taking the last flight out to SFO, and fortunately for the time change arrive late in the evening :)

Sunday:

I found out about the Open World Bridge Run earlier on, and couldn't resist going. Jeff Smith (@thatjeffsmith) has promised a ribbon for the first 50 people out there. Not that its my only motivation, but I'd like to increase my ribbon collection this year :) Afterwards, there are a handful of User Group sessions which I will attend. After Larry's keynote, the dinner venue is up for debate at this time!

NewImage

Monday:

Chet Justice (@oraclenerd) posted this, and again I couldn't resist! Oracle Open World San Francisco Bay Swim - Part II at the Dolphin Swimming and Boating Club is going to be a fun way to kick off the "working" week at OOW. If I'm not mistaken, over 50 folks have signed up. I just hope someone brings hot drinks after the cold pacific water swim. 

NewImage

After the keynote later on in the afternoon, is my presentation with Oracle Partner Exchange: Developing a Cloud Services Practice with Oracle Technology [CON9843].

Post presentation, I'm hoping to hit some Oak Table presentations along with a few Big Data ones from OOW. I'm suck a slacker that I haven't even done my schedule yet :) Dinner plans for Monday are iffy, I'm sure that I will tag along with whomever is unlucky enough to bear my company!

Tuesday:

So, the highlight of the day is RACAttack! I have the honor of being one of the esteemed Ninja's for this attack session :) Come and join us to build a DB12c RAC Cluster, and at the same time network and make friends with your peers. Outside of that, again Oak Table, and OOW presentations wherever I can fit them. The day will be finished off with a bowling event, and hopefully some sleep!

Wednesday:

Early morning flight back home. Either I will be wide away on the plane, or I'll be blogging about my wonderful experience.

In any case, the short of it is, I'm looking forward to meeting existing friends, and to make new ones!

Please do ping on twitter @maaz_anjum up if you're out there, as I'd love to meet up! :)

Note: Another events that I'd recommend is the Bloggers Meet Up on Wednesday.

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment