Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Copy Paste with Command Prompt - Save your "Clicks"!!

Okay, so this post has nothing to do with Oracle but everything to do with my hesitance for having to use Command Prompt utility in windows. Even though I like hitting the "up" arrow to recall previous commands, Copy and Pasting is a pain!
So, in the spirit of sharing and in my utter innocence and assumption that most of my readers are as clueless as I am, I'd like to share something new I learned about CMD.EXE :) A certain new friend of mine, whose name I will not mention except that his initials are NC, enlightened me today.
Often enough, we need to copy and paste content to and from cmd.exe windows but the process itself is, well, clunky!
Old School:
Right-Click and chose "Mark:
NewImage
Select your "selection".
NewImage
Hit "Enter" to copy.
NewImage
Proceed to Paste!
NewImage
That's how I've done it until today :)
New School:
Do this once and you'll find your life with a few clicks each time…
Click on the Menu Button to the top left of the window.
NewImage
Click on "Properties".
NewImage
There's the magic option I never noticed or payed attention to...
Now, all you have to do is just click and select your "selection".
NewImage
Hit "Enter" and paste away!
NewImage
If you already knew this, please let me have this moment of joy. I'm very excited when I learn something new :)
Cheers!!



No comments :

Post a Comment