Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Set oraInventory for EM12c Agents during GUI Installation

So, this is a peculiar problem that I had to dig to find a solution for; each time I deployed an agent to Add Targets to EM12c where no other Oracle Software was located, it would always created the oraInventory located under the $HOME directory. In my case, /home/oracle/oraInventory. This is quite annoying because for subsequent Oracle Software installs, this incorrect location is always chosen. Instead, I want it to go the, lets say /u01/oracle/oraInventory.

I knew there must be a way to get around this, and after digging in MOS and Oracle Docs, I found the section below. Documentation 9.4.1 section i.

NewImage

To further expand on the documentation, there’s a couple of sections which describe the usage.

NewImage

Looking at Table 9-2.

NewImage

I had to give this one a try! So, after you get to the Add Targets home page, enter the Host Name(s) and find the section at the bottom for “Additional Parameters”. Simply put this section in it INVENTORY_LOCATION=/u01/oracle/oraInventory.

NewImage

Proceed with the rest of the installation steps, and at its completion check the host(s) folders.

NewImage

So, at the end of the day I have to give credit to the amazing documentation Oracle has put together for OEM. You just need to know what you want, then ask the right question.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment