Thursday, July 4, 2013

Window'ed Incident Management in OEM 12c

A customer had recently ask me; "How can I configure an incident in OEM which only checks for a specific 'metric' during a certain period, for example, between 1 AM to 5 AM?" I thought, thats a good question :)

The only solution I could think of was something similar to maintenance windows with Scheduler Jobs. After digging through the notifications section in OEM for an incident, I couldn't find a way to do that nor, could I find a way to do that via templates.

After much mulling (if thats the appropriate word), the solution was to create a Metric Extension which only shows a result between the given time period. Well, for those who are guru's at coding thats great but surely OEM must have an answer to this!

Once I have more to share on the exact details, I will update this blog.

If you know of a better workaround, please do tell!

No comments :

Post a Comment